Updated 1st December 2013
email us for details..
We now have a new large training area just on the edge of Cebu City to the north 10 minutes out of town. Rooms are available for longer term students for $50 per month and training costs of $100 per week for 25 hours of training per week.
If you desire to visit the Philippines and train in The Arts of Esrima, Kali, Silat, Arnis or Knife defense and also advanced effective hand to hand Chinese martial arts please feel free to email us to have a chat.
We can help you go in the right direction with the correct decisions prior to your arriving and answer any questions you may have. As a foreigner coming to the Philippines things are not easy to discover or arrange.
We advise you and help organize the things needed in you life, we are here to help with any language barrier, visa and transportation issues, accommodation and communications situations etc.
Email us prior to arriving can
as I have been here 7 years and know the local environment and the rules to staying here. I also have found the best masters to teach the most effective styles.
Contact me for details I am here to help!
We can help you train for a day, train for a week, train for a month or train for a year!
5 obvious reasons for coming to train with us in the Philippines
Arnis - Northern Philippines | Eskrima - Central Philippines | Kali - Southern Philippines
1. Cebu Island in the Philippines probably has more Grandmasters per capita of anyplace on planet Earth. Here we have Fathers who taught sons who in turn taught their sons and in turn their sons. A true authentic lineage in martial arts excellence only now, within the last few years, is this knowledge available to be learnt by Westerners.
2. The Philippino martial arts systems are designed for real self defense forged over hundreds of years of life and death battles between the competing islands and clans. The Filipino martial arts systems are unique, sophisticated and devastating in effect. This is not an exercise or a dance lessons designed as martial arts for kids often found in the West.
3. Most martial arts training in the Western World is available twice a week perhaps a one hour lesson. Compare that to the rapid progress you can make here with our training facility. We have numerous Grandmasters and Masters training here between 2 to 4 hours everyday ready and waiting for your attendance. Become an Eskrima BlackBelt within a year with our intense training program.
4. The Philippines martial arts are extremely practical. They start with weapons like the stick, sword and knife and work through to hand to hand techniques all using the same methodology. This is a complete system not a hodge podge of mixed martial arts styles. These systems are not overly fancy and do not require any acrobatics in their moves. Anybody in any physical shape can gain from our classes - all body styles, any age at any skill level will find our training riveting, exhilarating and intensely practical.
5. Our training is very moderately priced. $25 per lesson allows you to involve yourself up to four hours training each day, with various masters and their varying systems. Living in the Philippines is also cheap and we arrange a one year visa from $300 and simple and practical accommodation for $150 per month. Internet access, delicious foods, entertainment and travel around the 7000 islands here is also cheap and readily available. Come to an oasis and combine a holiday and martial arts!
"Ramon Rosada" RR Eskrima de Combate is beyond tournament arnis. It covers the whole range of possibilities inherent in actual street fights. It is both long range as well as close range weapons fighting."if you want to defeat your enemy you must get his weapon, then we must ask how to survive the fight if our own weapon is being held, locked or snatched by our opponent?"
This street practical thinking leads to drills, weapon snatches, locks, take downs and strikes that you do not find in today's modern arnis.
We train for the street first, love of the art second and tournaments third.
Just inquire today!
If you decide to train 5 days a week the cost is $100 per week.
so $400 per month training 5 days a week
Rentals can be as low as $100 per month up to $400 per month depending on your requirements.
If your training extends beyond three months your fourth and subsequent months are half that training price.
Intensive training if staying under two weeks is $50 per day up to 5 hours per day. Days off as you require for sight seeing..
Martial Arts Holiday to Cebu Philippines Island
Wish to visit us here and train in Hand to Hand, Stick and Weapon defense? Let us help plan your arrival make it easy to train with the masters and enjoy your tip stress free. Thank you for viewing my channel your donation is appreciated Can we now discuss on skype and email details and get you started.
SSMAT - skip school martial arts training: 3 months time off Uni or High School to learn a Street Effective Balintawak Arnis Escrima Course.
OMAT - offshore martial arts training: 6 months training in Eskrima Arnis Sticks and Open Hand Combat Fighting Techniques
EMAT - expat martial arts training: 1 year training in Arnis Esrima Sticks, Dagger, Sensitivity and Open Hand Combat Fight Training
Train with my personal Grandmasters in Weapons and Open Hand Filipino Jujitsu or Pinoy/Chinese Kung Fu Styles.
Rosada TWO HAND Balintawak Arnis Escrima
How I found Eskrima Arnis in the Philippines around Cebu Lapu Lapu and Bohol.
In discovering Rosada two hand balintawak the first thing i noticed is that it looks different from all the other arnis escrima and balintawak i have seen on youtube videos. This is because Rosada asked the question,"What if my opponent holds my stick?" he then went on through trial and error to formulate a whole new system to add to the current balintawak systems. Holding, controlling and disarming the opponents stick then became the main purpose of this system.
Many Arnis simply tapi-tapi an opponents hand or stick away and thus giving them their weapon back so they can then strike again. Rosada system has its focus on controlling the opponents stick from the first 'draw' or contact.
No way would you not take a gun from an assailant, disarm a knife and own someones weapon such as a stick ASAP. So knife fighting priorities attributes of Rosada Arnis Stick Two hand Balintawak System. Opponents stick control is the most vital target and the center line approach using shortest distance first strike principles.
Using exact same principles as wing chun: chii sau forward forward sensitivity drills and techniques based on centerline forward force. Chi Sau Sensitivity Drills and Trapping is a basis of wing chun and tai chi styles of kung fu. For Indeed it is validating to know it as a key fundamental of the two-hand-one-arnis-stick centerline grappling ideals of Rosada Style.
Close Range Stick Fighting often called Balintawak. These ideas will enhance your close range fighting and add to your skills a superior offensive defensive one strike victory concepts, instant disarms and the pressure sensitivity skills to place your opponent off balance, confused and unable to prevent your strikes where you choose them to land.
Could your Arnis benefit from knowing how to recover your stick from a grabbing opponent? Could your skills improve if you added to your current skills a principle of instant control of not only your own stick but also that of your opponents.
These principles also cross into knife and hand to hand defenses.
My mix of Chinese and Filipino styles is the core of jeet kune do taking what works and discarding the rest that does not work while keeping an open mind to develop our styles.
Thank you for your interest in our Philippines martial arts training holiday.
We offer a unique training in a special form of Balintawak Escrima.
I personally offer training and we also have local masters who will do personal lessons with our students.
"THE MARTIALARM ARNIS TRAINING DEVICE
Comes with two free Escrima sticks ready to attach to your training wall. Pad as needed. Perfect for kung fu, wing chun, jeet kune do, karate martial arts hand to hand training. Also for stick training such as Kali, Escrima, or Arnis! Only $25 shipping and handling charge.